2012/07/06

Colourblocked (I)

Two toned with an uneven line

Inspiration: Alexander McQueen 2011, perhaps, but variants of this has always been in the back of my head

I love a smooth gradient. I adore a perfectly executed taping. I worship a flawless stippling. But sometimes, not-so-picture-perfect is what I want. More Sigrid Sandström than Caspar David Friedrich, if you will.  
  
I love doing this quick and easy mani, especially with two contrasting polishes. Here is Nails Inc. Ebor Street  - a matte almost-black (often referred to as dark grey, but I'd say blue-green) - and Nails Inc. New Burlington Place - a gorgeous red-orange duochrome.  
  
So easy, so quick, and I still can't stop looking at my nails. It's the manicure equivalent of a hot dog in a bun.



No comments:

Post a Comment